At Tunga we take great care and precaution to protect the privacy of the users of our website and services.
As used in this policy “Tunga” refers to Tunga B.V., a private company under Dutch law with is registered office in Amsterdam (Netherlands) and any of its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Tunga complies with the “Dutch Personal Data Protection Act” (Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens), the “Dutch Telecommunications Act” (Telecommunicatiewet ) and the codes of conduct drawn up by the DDMA (Dutch Dialogue Marketing Association).
The use of information provided by you
We store and use the information you give us in accordance with the terms of this policy.
When you sign up for a Tunga Account, personal information, as your name, address, nationality, may be collected. We use this additional data to personalize your Tunga experience. By obtaining and using this information, we can provide you with the most timely, relevant and individualized service according to your preferences and interests.
The data that is communicated back and forth between Tunga and your computer is encrypted. This means third parties are not able to intercept or read the data stream between Tunga and you. Tunga uses the same safety standards as most large marketplace websites.
When you sign up with Tunga and as you use the Tunga Website, we also record your decision to: (1) receive e-mail updates from Tunga; and (2) have a third-party sponsor contact you to provide information regarding their product or services.
We may include certain links in our e-mails that will allow us to monitor whether you access specific content or advertisements contained in that e-mail. When you click on one of these links, we will record that click and certain activities on the web page associated with that link. We use this information to conduct internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior related to our e-mail advertisements and content, and to better understand and serve you.
We use log files to track system activity and maintain our systems. Log data includes IP addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number and nature of clicks through our website. We use this information primarily for security purposes, but also to analyze usage patterns, observe trends, administer the website, track user movements in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Information gathered from log files is for Tunga internal use only and will not be shared with any third parties, except law enforcement, when necessary and/or obliged. For non-member visitors of our website, log files are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We may use your submitted e-mail address to compare our member list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending identical messages to our members.
We may use information collected on your account or on the website in the following ways:
- to provide you with personalized information via electronic delivery and/or direct mail;
- to send you information about reward opportunities or promotions;
- to send you targeted advertising via electronic delivery and/or direct mail;
- to contact you for feedback and surveys via electronic delivery and/or direct mail;
- to send you general and administrative information about your Tunga membership via electronic delivery and/or direct mail;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- to provide your contact information to Tunga marketing partners whose offer(s) you have selected to receive in order for them to send you special offers via electronic delivery, telemarketing and direct mail; and
- to monitor, track and research ways to improve Tunga services and enhance the safety of the Tunga website.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that your posting and/or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as marketing, investigation of unlawful activities, and affiliate and rewards programs);
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- law enforcement or other governmental officials relating to alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, e-mail address, user name history, IP address, complaints, postings and other content. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep Tunga free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity;
- business entities, with whom we could plan to merge with or be acquired by. (Should such a combination occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this policy with respect to your personal information. If your personal information will be used contrary to this policy, you will receive prior notice).
Personal data shared with third parties
These are the third party service providers that we may directly share your personal data with.
We store data about companies and contacts and our direct communication history like e-mails and meeting notes with these contacts.
Change or delete personally identifiable information
At any time, you can refuse to permit us to collect additional personal information and also may request that we delete any personal information we have collected. Please be advised that by refusing to permit us to collect personal information or requesting the deletion from our database, you will be unsubscribing from your Tunga Account.
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your login information. Those cookies which are set by us and called first party cookies. We also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting – for analytics, measuring performance and to assist in our advertising and marketing efforts.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
The specific types of first and third party cookies served through our Websites and the purposes they perform are described in further detail below:
Essential Website Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features, such as logging in, filling forms and setting your privacy settings. Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our website functions.
Performance and Functionality Cookies
These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our websites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
Analytics and Customization Cookies
These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website for you in order to enhance your experience.
Targeting and Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you and your interests. They also perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
Tunga takes every reasonable precaution to protect our users’ information. When you submit sensitive information via our service, your information is protected both online and off-line. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
However, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Tunga and/or communications with other users of Tunga will not be intercepted by others and that information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access. While we have taken reasonable precautions to protect this information, you should always use discretion in what information you register and send to us and not expect that such information will be absolutely free from intrusion.
We periodically prepare analyses and reports reflecting visitor and member use of the website and our services for our internal use as well as for a limited number of our business partners. These reports include aggregate (non-personal) information about Tunga users, and in certain instances, visitors of the website. The information in these reports will not identify you individually. Our business partners who have access to these reports will not be able to contact you from the information contained in the reports.
You should be aware that when you use our services or are on the website or when you receive e-mails, you could be directed to other sites beyond our control. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and partners. These other websites may send their own cookies to you, independently collect data or solicit personal information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies.
Access and control of personal information
If you are a registered user of Tunga, you may view, correct, and delete personal information by logging into your account and editing your profile, or by contacting our customer support. All user information, included that which is deleted, can be maintained in Tunga’s database solely for its internal use in ensuring the safety of the Tunga services and for disclosure to law enforcement, if necessary. Generally, you should be careful when providing any personal information available to the public.