Until Covid struck, IT staff augmentation rapidly grew as a major alternative to software outsourcing and internal hiring of software developers. Therefore, in this report, we aim to overview the situation post-Covid comprehensively.
Firstly, we’ll dive into the basics of IT staff augmentation. What is it? Why do so many companies turn to it? And how to do it right?
After that, we’ll dive into market trends. We cover the most voluminous markets for IT staff augmentation: the United States and (western) Europe. How has the tech talent shortage been affected by Covid? What are current market trends? And how does the market situation compare from country to country, and city to city?
1. AUGMENTING YOUR TEAM WITH IT PROFESSIONALS: THE BASICS
- What is staff augmentation
- The advantages of IT staff augmentation
- The disadvantages of IT staff augmentation
- Staff augmentation vs. software outsourcing
- Staff augmentation vs. managed services
- Selecting the right partner
- Staff augmentation best practices
2. THE UNITED STATES MARKET FOR IT STAFF AUGMENTATION
- The tech talent shortage in the United States
- IT staff augmentation market trends in the US
- Best cities for tech jobs in 2021
3. THE EUROPEAN MARKET FOR IT STAFF AUGMENTATION
- The tech talent shortage in European countries
- Best countries for tech jobs in 2021
4. CONCLUSION: STAFF AUGMENTATION POST-COVID
Augmenting your team with IT professionals: the basics
Maybe you’re unfamiliar with “staff augmentation” or “augment staffing.” But if you have a team of software engineers in your organization, there is a big chance you’ve already at least considered it…
What is staff augmentation?
Staff augmentation is a staffing strategy to flexibly and quickly expand your team. Through a provider, you can add talent to your team on demand. Often the talent works remotely or even in other countries. It can be used to fill short-term and long-term positions.
The provider employs these new team members. As a result, the provider manages the recruitment process and carries the legal and administrative burden of hiring the staff. In addition, the provider makes sure the client has continuous and flexible access to the required talent.
Staff augmentation is typically prevalent in the IT sector. On the one hand, it is often difficult to find qualified staff locally. And on the other hand, software development lends itself well to remote work.
The advantages of IT staff augmentation
There are several reasons why staff augmentation has become so popular in the IT sector in recent years.
- – Access to talent. Quickly find a fit for hard-to-fill positions within your team.
- – Easy hiring. You can leverage the talent pool and recruitment capacity of the provider.
- – Focus on your core business. Because the provider takes care of the hiring process and the administrative burden.
- – Efficient up- and downscaling. Because it is on-demand, you can scale your team flexibly to the extent that you need the resources.