Type of engagement: project-based (2-3 years)
Key requirements: experience in program/project management, affinity with (tech) education and Africa
Location: Location-free. Travel to or residence in Kampala, Uganda, and Lagos, Nigeria
Time per week: fulltime
Application deadline: 31-08-2022
As Program Manager for the Tunga Academy, you will be responsible for rolling out an ambitious program to lift our educational activities to new heights. In the past years Tunga has developed a range of educational assets and ran several programs to provide training to (aspiring) African software developers. Now we have formed a consortium of leading Dutch educational providers, to bring world-class all-round IT education to Africa.
This program stands out because it focuses on the large, underserved group of African software professionals who want to make the step from to the more demanding international market. It will be partly online and partly in-class and is set up to be scalable. The program will be supported by the Dutch government, and you will be its key manager!
Your activities and responsibilities will include:
– Coordinate the execution of the program plan within its planning and budget parameters;
– Liaise with stakeholders: consortium members, government entities in various countries, consultants and of course students;
– Propose and implement changes to the plan as the situation requires;
– Guide research and design activities;
– Monitor and coordinate the implementation of the educational infrastructure;
– Coordinate the execution of 10 pilot courses;
– Organize promotional activities.
We are looking for someone who meets the following profile:
– You are proven successful in a project-management and/or program management role;
– You are a hands-on manager who gets things done;
– You have excellent communication skills and are able to tactfully navigate cultural differences and different stakeholder interests;
– You are a self-starter who is able to work independently and who can develop processes and structure as needed;
– You have an abundance mindset. You think in terms of opportunities and are not easily set back by challenges;
– Ideally, you have experience and/or affinity with IT, education and/or Africa.
– Ideally, you have managed intercultural stakeholders and a donor budget program previously.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is open for candidates from both Africa and Europe (and beyond)!
What we offer you
– An inspiring and challenging job environment where you can work in an international organization on a meaningful mission;
– A project-based work arrangement for 2-3 years (a grace period of 2 months);
– A relaxed office culture: flexible hours, regularly working from home if desirable, result-oriented.
If you are interested please send your motivation letter and CV asap (but in any case not later than 02/09/2022) via the form on this page
If this isn’t you, but you know someone who fits, please share this vacancy with them!