Do you dream about being part of a successful scale-up in the tech space?
As a Marketing Support Officer at Tunga, your main role is to execute, improve and automate the basic processes relating to lead generation: identifying leads, filtering them, enriching lead information and presenting them to the appropriate persons within the Tunga organization. In addition, from time to time you will provide support activities to other marketing-communication functions, such as desk research, interviewing developers, contributing to blog posts, organizing webinars & events, etc.
You will report to the Marketing Manager on the progress of the activities for which you are responsible, in particular of metrics that reflect the efficacy and efficiency of identifying, processing and enriching leads. You will make sure that you adhere to our way of working and to our Code of Conduct. And in general, you will make sure that both you, your team and ultimately our clients will be happy!
Tasks & Responsibilities
– Managing a web-based toolkit for identifying leads.
– Data Enrichment, confirming that the leads are within the Tunga profile.
– Liaising with the development team to facilitate lead identification.
– Managing a small team of freelance marketers to ensure that their work is done and delivered.
– Managing the customer relationship management tool.
– Managing time spent calling and invoicing billed by the marketeers.
– Bridging the gap between the freelance marketeers and Tunga sales teams.
What’s your profile?
– Your ambition is to experience working in a real tech scale up.
– You are an empathetic person, an excellent communicator and can place yourself in the situation of both young African talent, and European clients.
– You are a self-starter, can work independently and are not afraid to make decisions on your own.
– You are proactive and good at finding creative and pragmatic solutions.
– You have at least some experience with software development and you are eager to learn more.
– You like the energy of working on a societal mission and in an international setting.
Qualifications and knowledge
– You do not necessarily have a degree, but you can demonstrate at least a bachelor level of thinking and acting.
– You have demonstrated success in building communities and/or rallying people around an idea.
– You are familiar with and have experience with the basic concepts of software development.
– You have excellent knowledge of English, both verbal and written.
– You are energetic, can work independently and you are generally considered a nice person.
What do we offer you?
– An inspiring and challenging job environment where you can work in an international organization on a meaningful mission.
– A permanent job agreement for initially 6 months, with the option to prolong (a grace period of 2 months).
– An attractive salary, depending on your experience and qualifications.
– A relaxed office culture: flexible hours, regularly working from home if desirable, result-oriented.
If you are interested, please send your motivation letter and CV asap (but in any case not later than 22th November 2021 application deadline) via the form on this page