Key Requirements: Diligent, pragmatic, affinity with finance, excellent computer skills
Type of engagement: Permanent
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Working hours: 40 hours per week (Full time)
Application deadline: February 3rd, 2023
What will be your job?
You will be supporting the entire Tunga organization, particularly C-level, with executing financial tasks. These are part of our core processes, such as invoicing our clients, paying out our developers, staff, and suppliers, and ensuring our financial overviews are up to date and correct. For this, we use our internal invoicing system and Exact as a bookkeeping system, where all our records are digitally processed. Your tasks will be coordinated by our CFO.
Furthermore, as Tunga is a rapidly growing organization, you will be required to identify bottlenecks in financial processes and come up with clever, durable, but lightweight solutions to improve our operation in terms of efficiency and effectiveness continuously. This could range from setting up an asset management system to helping staff to keep track of their budget and swiftly pay their suppliers. When it comes to improving our financial management, the sky is your limit!
What will you be doing?
– Processing and initiating of payments, invoices, advances, and declarations.
– Drafting and reviewing of monthly sales invoices.
– Drafting and reviewing of monthly pay-outs to developers.
– Support and initiating of Payroll.
– Processing and monitoring of A/R.
– Reconciling operating system with accounting system.
– Reporting of weekly and monthly operational KPIs for finance.
– Reviewing and initiating transactions for automated bookkeeping.
– Tracking budget expenditures for our internal departments.
– Initiating and implementing improvements in financial processes.
What’s your profile?
– You have a proven affinity with numbers and finance;
– You are diligent, precise, and hate errors.
– But, you are also pragmatic and always seek the shortest route to a durable solution.
– You have excellent communication skills and are able to manage a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
– You are a self-starter who is able to work independently and who can develop processes and structure as needed.
– You perceive challenges as an opportunity to grow.
– And, finally, you are generally regarded as a very nice person 🙂
What do you bring to the table?
– a degree in finance.
– impeccable oral and written English communication.
– excellent computer skills.
– excellent Excel skills.
– ideally, experience with online accounting software (Exact would be perfect!)
– ideally, affinity with tech and software development.
What do we offer you?
– An inspiring and challenging job environment where you can work in an international organization on a meaningful mission
– A full-time role with elaborate benefits including competitive salary, health insurance, laptop, home internet, etc.
– A relaxed office culture: flexible hours, regularly working from home if desirable, result-oriented leadership.
– And lastly, a chance to kickstart your finance career in an international company.
If you are interested please send your motivation letter and CV asap (but in any case not later than February 3rd, 2023) via the form on this page
Suitable candidates are possibly invited before the expiration of the application deadline.
For more info about our Tunga visit: tunga.io